So you’ve heard of Pinterest. You’ve even signed up and had a blast pinning. Then you decide to start a blog or a business and realise that one of the most recommended ways of getting your content out there is via Pinterest.
Ok, so you create some images suitable for pinning that will link back to your content. So far, so good.
Then you read somewhere that you should be joining group boards – what?! Where? How do you join them, where do you find them? Do you have to be invited or can you request to join? More research later and you find some groups boards in your niche that you would like to follow.
Yes! Sorted! Now I can go ahead and join some boards. Err, no, you can’t, you come across more stumbling blocks. Some of the reasons why you may not be able join go something like this:
- The board is closed to new contributors
- There is a link you need to click on but it doesn’t seem to work
- You need to email someone, you do, but they don’t reply
- There are a long list of rules, some you don’t yet understand, you are now too nervous to join as you really don’t know what to do yet – this was big stumbling block for me.
It’s at this point you think you may just forget Pinterest Group Boards and continue as you are doing - you’re not doing so bad after all.
This was the position I found myself in and it seems I wasn’t the only one. I decided to reach out and help others in the same position, so I started my own Group Board – aptly named GROUP BOARD FOR NEW BLOGGERS AND NEW PINNERS – original right? At least there can be no confusion as to who the group board is for, ha, ha.
The Best Bit:
THERE ARE NO RULES – really! Anyone can join, you can pin what you want (no particular niche), as much as you want and basically, just go through the process of requesting to join, accepting invitations, finding the group board in your profile, pinning to the board and collaborating with the other members who are all there because they are in the same position (or were, until they joined this Board).
European Slice of Life said, "Hello! I am so glad I found your Group Board for new bloggers. This is a huge help!"
I hope that this will then give you the confidence to approach other group board owners, with the knowledge that you now know how group boards work. Also, if they should check your profile before accepting you, already being a member of a group board will work in your favour.
At this point, I would like to give thanks to those group board owners who did eventually accept me and who have helped to give me the confidence to create my own group board and write this article so that I can help others.
Pinterest Business Account
Have you set up your Pinterest Account for Business? You can purchase my step-by-step guide which is available as an ebook from Amazon.
How to Join the Pinterest Group Board:
- Click on the Group Board link (above).
- Follow me by clicking on the red ‘follow’ button above my profile image.
- Then let me have your Pinterest name (which you can find in your profile) by either emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a comment below.
- This will then allow me to send you an ‘invite’ to the group.
- Once received, you will just need to click on ‘accept’.
That’s it – now you can start adding pins!
If you have any questions at all, please contact me. I am very happy to help. In fact, I really enjoy it and would love to hear from you.